Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Show Me

Do you still believe life is what it is and it does what it does with no regard for you? No connection to you? Do you still believe that you have to plan and work and make things happen by force of will? Do you think pretty words on blogs are all well and good but they don't really mean what they say?

Try this:

The next time you have a pleasant experience, trace it back. Trace it back to where it originated and how it got to you. Once you slow down the manifestation process this way, you will be able to see for yourself that the experience did not happen by accident. Nor by chance, by luck, or by the whim of someone throwing a few crumbs your way. Trace it back and you'll see what generated it.

Example

In July I was at a home improvement store with a friend who had to pick up a simple latch to install on a gate. When we got to the checkout counter there was a box of shiny gadgets, all the same type, (I don't remember what they are called) looking up expectantly at him. "Oh look at this," he said. "Just what I needed for that project last week. But I couldn't find even one anywhere." And now here was a bunch of them, and on sale too, and right at his fingertips. He bought a handful even though the project of last week had already been completed by someone else. He said now he'd be ready for the next time he might need these items. I teased him about his desires/manifestations being sluggish. He smiled and shrugged. And then,

Example

Sitting next to this laptop is a new remote control that has a Guide key on it. So that you can get information about the program that is on the tv screen. I wanted such a remote 14 months ago when I switched from satellite, which had Guide, to cable. But it was not possible to get the Guide feature with any remote that would work with this cable system. So I didn't pursue the matter. But yesterday something made me see this remote, really see it, for the first time. And that led to stop, look, and listen, and that led to tracing back. I wanted to know how a remote I'd wanted 14 months ago and could not get, was now sitting right here in front of me. I had assumed the way that happened was the following:

Suddenly one day two weeks ago several cable channels were no longer accessible. They were just snow. After calls to the cable company we learned that dta boxes were now required for a new digital format the cable company had decided to switch to. (Who knew the cable company was switching? I admit I don't follow very much the activities of the cable provider, though I've heard they can be titillating at times). If we wanted the missing channels back we'd need to come in and purchase some boxes. We did. New remotes were thrown in with the purchase and one of them has a Guide button. What a happy coincidence - I've wanted a remote with a guide and by happenstance here it is at last.

No. That isn't it. I think you can see that tracing this event back shows a different story. The desire for the remote popped in 14 months ago and the remote appeared last week. Why did it take so long? Because it wasn't a high priority on my desire list. Same for my friend and his offhand wanting of those hardware items. For him they hadn't been a high priority so they showed up a week after he mentally asked for them. How would things have unfolded if the remote and the other gadgets had been fervently wanted?

Find an event in your own experience and take a look at it. Do not take it's existence for granted! Do not presume you understand all about it. Stop, look, listen. Trace it back. See what you find. Start with events that make you smile. They will give you a good picture of how things work for you. You need not go into events that bring heavy feelings. And of course you will explore any events you choose. I am only suggesting that you get some "happy" under your belt before you start to trace back the disasters.

Love to all,

+Antaya+

No comments:

Post a Comment