Saturday, May 23, 2009

Paying Attention

Took my own advice. Here's how it went:



Thursday night before falling asleep I resolved that tomorrow I'd pay more attention to the goings on around me. Friday a.m. woke up refreshed and not resenting having to go to work. That is a rare thing.



I drive the usual route. There's practically no traffic. I don't mean little traffic, I mean almost none. A dream ride. Never seen it like this. I tell myself it's because of the upcoming 3 day weekend. Maybe more than the usual number of people are stretching it to 4 days. Whatever it is, I remember to notice.



When I walk in the building I'm asked if I would mind leaving my usual duties and instead observe a new hire. Would I mind? This kind of assignment comes maybe once or twice in a year if one is "lucky". Observing means watch, answer questions, and offer helpful pointers while the observee does all the work. It's about as relaxing a day as you can have in my profession. I notice this unexpected and welcome turn of events.



Just before lunch, in casual conversation, the new hire drops a piece of information that is key to a project I've been thinking of beginning. She had no way of knowing my plans. For information I've been needing to just appear in our side conversation, well it was...improbable. But there it was and I noticed.



When the day was over I had to open my phone to double check the time. Thought the wall clock must be wrong. The day had flown by. I noticed.



On driving back, I noticed that I was feeling really good, had been all day. Why? No clue. If I knew, I'd do it more often. The good mood was good on its own but as a bonus it also seemed to affect how the day went.



All this just from a simple resolve pay more attention? It really seems like there was something more going on.


One thing for sure - when the Abraham-Hicks people say
Feel Good Now
I guess they know what they're talking about.

Love to all..
+Antaya+

No comments:

Post a Comment